Monday, March 28, 2011

Esmeralda

She is gorgeous. Admit it.
Her name, I debated for a while. Originally, I came up with an African name that I loved--and still do--but you'll have to wait for that name to find it's right piece.
As I looked at this piece today, I knew its name, Esmeralda.
You know it's perfect, the emerald gypsy.
It's perfect.

Materials
Glass beads, four strands of seed beads, and "gun metal" plated findings (first time using them, not sure about it but no reactions to it so far and that's a good thing.
Time
Total about an hour and half. It's the seed beads that take time.
Thoughts
It's beautiful. I designed this piece and new immediately who it was meant for. Fortunately when she came to see it she fell in love with it and bought it from me! I'm sorry I'm not a better photographer, because the green black contrast is phenomenal! The color is so great. It is a piece, however, that I think is an either love or hate piece. I don't see it as a ho-hum piece. Either you'll wear it or you wont, because you love it or you don't. I have this picture too, but it didn't turn out that great...
Random Tips or Advice:
Mostly just FYI, seed beads and the ity bitty ones... and 'findings' are the fasteners of jewelry, crimp beads, jump rings (little loops) eye pins (straight pin with a loop at the end), end pins (used in making earrings or any type of dangle) string (in my case I used a nylon cord) and earring hoops, fishhooks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment