Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I call her, Pearl...

Or Vivian,
I haven't actually decided. My sister-in-law had this great idea about naming the pieces girl names. We came up with some great ones for some of my other pieces I haven't posted yet, but this one is alluding me. I like Pearl because it's straight forward. But I like Vivian because this bracelet is very "edgy-classy" and I think, Vivian, brings in that element quite nicely.

What do you think?


Materials
Silver plated chains (four different sizes) and faux pink pearls (rose pink, two different sizes)-All from Hobby Lobby
Time
about 20 minutes
Thoughts
This piece is best categorized as an "edgy-classy" piece. I LOVE IT! I don't actually own any of this bracelet, it's a piece I love to give away! The piece photographed is the one I made for my mom. I've made it and seen it made with a wide variety of pearl colors (green, white, cream, black, blue). At a family reunion last year I taught a jewelry class and this is the piece we did. My aunt made hers with a turquoise bead rather than a faux pearl and it was lovely! Pearl, dresses up and dresses down. It is a very flirty piece! It makes me smile every time I complete one.
This bracelet is NOT my design. I got the idea from a magazine that I LOVE! BeadStyle magazine! It is fabulous! The magazine has tons of great designs, and step by step how-to tutorials as well as tips, glossaries, and everything a beginner can really benefit from and a more established designer can enjoy or get inspired by!

Random tips or advice:
If you have a Hobby Lobby by you, never by anything there for full price. Get their mailers or emails, everything goes on sale eventually and if it doesn't use the 40% off coupon when it comes around. Same goes for Joann Fabrics and Michaels (and probably any major craft store really) when in doubt, google it and find a coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment