Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fabricated Necklaces

Fabricated is the name of the line pictured above. I have a few snaps of individual necklaces but once you've seen one the only difference is the fabric used to create it and you can see the fabrics I use in the collage at the head of the blog.
Below is my attempt to show you how I wear it and what it looks like on:
All right, all right. Enough snickering at the pictures. I thought I made it clear that I don't take professional photos. This blog isn't to 'oo' and 'aw' you about my amazing (ish) photograph-taking-skills!

And below, here, I have the necklace laying out on its own (in a different color)
The green is my absolute favorite and I wear it, probably weekly.
About this necklace:
Materials
wood beads-4.5cm in diameter (1 3/4 in), fabric cut into a two inch strip (about
20inches long) and sewed into a tube, silver loop, and satin or sheer ribbon (availability
varied), embroidery floss
Time
One takes me about 35 minutes to make.
Thoughts
I love the look of this necklace. Its a very casual necklace and I wear it a lot with solid color high neck tees or v-neck shirts. The satin ribbon necklaces are very soft, the sheer ribbons starts to itch after a while. It is light weight. And actually, its machine washable. My daughter was using one as a toy when she was a couple months old and she spit up all over so I stuck it in with my gentle cycle stuff and it came out just fine! I also like that everyone can wear this necklace. If you can wear clothing you can wear the necklace. I have a good friend who has metal allergies (all she wears is white gold or yellow gold) earrings, necklaces, bracelets, she doesn't really wear them. So I gave her a couple different prints of the Fabricated necklace and it's fun to see her wearing them! I hope she enjoys them.

Random tips or advice:

If you react to everything when it comes to jewelry, start looking for jewelry that is rhodium plated. White gold is plated in rhodium (it's what gives it white/silverish luster) and that same friend who could wear anything before wears a variety of pieces she found that are rhodium plated. You can learn more about that here, or here . Try it out, I hope it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment