Monday, March 28, 2011

Faline: the Faux Watch


Materials
Ceramic and glass beads (red, black, blue), square turquoise bead, antiqued silver plated spacer beads, metal plated bead (for the center of the blue rectangle).
Time
About 15 minutes
Thoughts
I'm in love with this piece! So naturally I don't own this piece. My sister-in-law inspired this piece and she was the first to ever own it. I've since made two others and they are owned by friends. I call it a faux watch because, initially, it makes me think of the stretch bracelet watches that are so popular (and cute) these days. The color of this piece is partly what I find most striking. The red is almost dark enough to be a chocolate color and the blue in the red, softens it. I think this piece is a very fun piece. Especially for anyone who doesn't really like a watch!
The set below is the one I made for my sister-in-law with a matching set of earrings. Her wrist is about as big as a sticks so I had to make some adjustments to the design.

Random tips or advice:
Stretch bracelets are rewarding to make because they can be as simple or complex as you like, only in look. Construction is very quick and simple no matter what the end result looks like but you can always come up with something unique and delightful. If you are starting in jewelry-making, stretch bracelets are a great place to start!

1 comment:

  1. I remember this piece! Did you have to wrestle 'A' for it?!

    ReplyDelete